I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the outgoing Committee members, Ian Lilly as Club President and Carol Gowenlock as Vice President. They both did an amazing job during very trying times and I am personally very grateful for the time, energy, and commitment they gave to the Club during their time on the Committee.
Going forward, this year is full of opportunities for our Club and the only way is up. I am excited that along with the support of the Committee, we have an opportunity to help bring this Club to the forefront of our local community and enjoy many successes in the 2023 season both on and off the bowling green.
I have obviously been asked many times, what will I do, when will I do it, and how will I change the Club for the better.
The first thing will be a zip line from the club into the river to keep our younger members entertained.
Jokes, (but it would be pretty cool), however, making a safe, inclusive space for our younger visitors is very important if we want to move with the times, increase our membership visits and make ‘everyone’ welcome.
I am the President and part of a committee, not the sole decision maker. I aim to put forward many opportunities to investigate and try ‘new ways’ and will be asking for support to move with the times and away from the ‘that’s the way we’ve always done it’ approach.
The basics of the last 3 weeks for me have been assessments and reflection in a few main areas:
- Looking at where we are now, where we want to go and how we’re going to get there.
- Planning to encourage members to get involved in the development of the Club.
- To adjust to changes in the current environment that have an impact on the Club.
- Bring strategy and order into the hectic business of running a club.
- Formulating a plan for the Town of Mosman Park and providing a ‘walk-through’ of our plans when developed to ensure they have an understanding of the Club’s future and where we want to be.
In a nutshell, planning, feedback and strategy will be the backbone of our success this coming year.
One last thing, my goal for Mosman Park Bowling Club. To win the Most Outstanding Small Metro Club of the Year. This award is based on both on-green and off-green performances. I believe our ladies’ and men’s teams are primed for success this year and you can rest assured that I will be doing everything I can to help make this a reality in 2023.
Thanks for your time, I look forward to meeting you all soon.